The #FAWomanSeries is brought to you courtesy of Bestie Network Africa and Corporate Bestie Limited in celebration of women attendees of previous FemPower Africa events who are making a difference with their lives, businesses, and careers.
ABOUT Osaigbovo EDEGBE
Osaigbovo Edegbe is a result-driven finance and technology professional with extensive experience building operational processes to streamline financial payment infrastructures, customer support, KYC (Know Your Customer), and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) compliance in the financial services sector.
She is a post-graduate student pursuing a Master’s degree in Finance from Technological University Dublin. Osaigbovo has several years of experience in financial and cloud computing, where she attained and maintained high-quality assurance metrics while troubleshooting onboarding issues and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
As a professional, Ms. Edegbe mentors other young professionals, guiding them toward a fulfilling career in financial crime prevention in the fintech space. She also provides consulting services to help new businesses and startups establish a seamless environment when onboarding new clients into their business and ensuring a financial crime-free process during implementations.
She is fun and easy going, dedicated, and passionate about her personal and professional interests. Outside work, she loves to travel and explore new cultures and values to broaden her horizons and bring fresh perspectives to her interests and career.
WHAT DID YOU LEARN FROM ATTENDING FEMPOWER AFRICA CONFERENCE
The conference was a powerful and transformative experience because it helped me position myself for international opportunities through networking, sharing experiences, and gaining valuable insights to support upcoming leaders or founders in advancement in their field. I learned valuable strategies and tools that I could apply in my work to support and uplift my community and beyond.
WHAT DOES FEMALE EMPOWERMENT (FEMPOWER) MEAN TO YOU
Female empowerment means recognizing and valuing the inherent worth and potential of women. It entails creating equal opportunities, promoting gender equality, and dismantling societal barriers that limit women’s progress. It involves empowering women to make choices, pursue their goals, and have agency over their lives, ensuring their voices are heard and respected.
Attending “Fempower” and hearing stories of incredible women who have triumphed over adversity left a lasting impression on me.
WHAT ADVICE/TIPS DO YOU HAVE FOR YOUNG BUSINESS/CAREER WOMEN TO HELP THEM BUILD AND MAINTAIN VALUABLE RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER WOMEN?
My advice for young women, leaders, and aspiring founders / CEO would be:
- Believe in yourself. Trust your abilities, embrace them, and don’t let adversity derail you from your goals.
- Foster a mindset of support and collaboration, rather than competition. Lift each other and celebrate one another’s achievements. There shouldn’t be room for unhealthy competition.
- Look out for mentors who can provide guidance and support. Also, consider becoming a mentor to younger women, sharing your knowledge and experiences.
- Be actively involved in whatever community or professional organizations you belong to by participating in discussions, share your insights and offer support to others. This is a key strategy to learn faster, grow the network you need as you advance in your industry.
- Help to uplift other women by recommending them for opportunities, promoting their work, or connecting them with valuable contacts.
- Above all, love God and commit your business to Him. Seek His guidance, trust His plan, and let His principles guide your decisions and actions.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST INSPIRATION?
My biggest inspiration is the pursuit of knowledge. The desire to constantly learn, explore new ideas, and becoming the best possible version of myself both in my personal life and career.